- 1st Prize: One night’s accommodation for 2 people sharing at Portland Manor.
- 2nd Prize: Dinner for 2 at the Cowshed to the value of R500.
The competition runs from 11 am to 6 pm and the entry fee is R150, which includes a boerewors roll and a takeaway coffee from the Cowshed.
Afterwards, you are invited to join fellow competitors in the Cowshed for a blackboard braai special. Booking is essential for the braai. Call or WhatsApp 060 753 7870.
- Minimum size 20 cm for fish to count.
- 100 Points given per fish as well as 1 point per centimetre.
- Only the use of artificial lures and flies are allowed. NO bait allowed.
- Watercrafts allowed only with electric motors or rowing; no petrol motors allowed.
- Scorable fish must be caught legitimately and hooked from the gill plate forward.
- To score the fish, place the fish on the measuring gutter and take a clear photo of the fish with its nose touching the end of the gutter; please ensure that the measurements on the photos are legible to ensure fair scoring.
- Only one rod may be used at a time and limited to 2 rods per person.
- Hooked fish before the lines out call is given will count if landed within 5 minutes after the lines out call.